Thursday, October 4, 2012

#29: No TV or Movies for One Week for Me or the Girls

This one was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Mostly because I decided to do this during what turned out to be a very difficult week for me physically.  I had these big ideas of all the wonderful things we would do instead of watching TV and instead we were lucky to even leave the house most days. 
We really don't watch TV a ton, but it does get turned on every day usually.  I noticed that the girls adapted to this a lot better than I expected.  They played together, colored/drew, danced, and used their imaginations.  Only occasionally did I hear "Mom, I Want To Watch A Movie!!" 
The hardest part was after the girls were in bed, because most nights Neil and I vege(is that how you spell it??) around watching shows.  I got a lot of reading done. :)
I'm glad I did this, but a little disappointed that it didn't turn out exactly as I was hoping.  Maybe we'll have to try it again on a better week...

No comments: