Tuesday, September 25, 2012

#46: Ask Neil to Choose One New Thing to Teach Me

This may shock some people, but until a few months ago I had never operated a lawn mower!  It was always my brothers' job when I was younger and I never felt it was necessary to change that.
At the beginning of the summer Neil's mom asked Neil and I to take care of the yard at her rental house which is just a few blocks away from us.  Neil thought it would be a great time to teach me to use a lawn mower since the yard is pretty big.
It went well at first.  Until I broke the lawn mower.  One minute I'm walking along just fine, the next the handle is no longer attached to the mower.  Oops!  (In my defense it wasn't anything I did, I was just the lucky one who happened to be using it when it happened!)
Luckily we had an extra lawn mower, so on I went.  I finished the backyard and moved to the front.  Not even one pass in the lawn mower died.  And wouldn't start back up.  That's right, I went through two lawn mowers on my first time ever using one!  
I tried to tell Neil it was a sign that I shouldn't be mowing lawns, but he didn't think so.  A couple weeks later we got a new lawn mower and I've have mowed the lawn almost every week since then.  I really don't mind it that much.  I'm glad Neil decided to teach me this. :)






2 comments:

Misty said...

Ha ha, I was going to invite you to mow my lawn, but you're so rough on mowers, I take it back! At least you have a good story from your maiden voyage. :)

The 4 Willows said...

That is the funniest thing ever. I love your sexy green gloves. Good job!